network and 3005

Walter R. Steinemann walter at hyper.hyper.com
Fri Jun 7 08:12:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun5.131358.18905 at dartvax.dartmouth.edu> paw at eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Pat Wilson) writes:

>>>Sounds familiar.  Do the folks in Austin have any comments?
>>     Add a model 530 with 16meg to the list.  I post about this (or
>>something very similar) a couple of weeks ago. ...
>
>Odd.  Just thought I'd add (to the confusion of all) that I've seen
>no such problems while upgrading _my_ 3005 systems (320 16/320s, with
>either thick or thin ethernet).  I was coming from 3003 - I wonder if that
>made a difference?

Why not a bit more confusion ...
We have a 520 which was recently upgraded to 3005.  Our rlogins seem to fine,
(I don't we use telnet or ftp very often), BUT we have PCs running FTP Inc.'s
PC-TCP software to NFS mount parts 520s file systems which CRASH our IBM.
My co-worker is talking to FTP to figure out what the problem is, it may
have something to do with symlinks.  I suspect there is also something wrong
on our 520 - it should NOT CRASH, and running the same thing on the PC and
mounting from our Personal IRIS does not CRASH it (it generates a few NFS
errors, but it still works).

-- WalteR --
--
Walter R. Steinemann                    HYPERCUBE, INC.
                                        #7-419 Phillip Street
Phone:  (519) 725-4040                  Waterloo, Ontario
email:  walter at hyper.com                N2L 3X2