ties and aix

The Super User root at rios.au.ibm.com
Wed Jun 19 12:00:07 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun12.214318.13572 at bellcore.bellcore.com> jona at iscp.Bellcore.COM (Jon Alperin) writes:
>Never! I refuse to take the word of anyone (especially from IBM) on a technical
>matter if they are wearing a tie. I think that ties restrict the flow of blood
>to the brain, and therefore the answers which I am liable to get (especially
>from IBM) are all too often products of lightheadedness.
>

>--
>Jon Alperin

Bleedin' Heck Jon, what about us poor blokes down here in Oz?

As we have the honour (?) of sometimes having customers (real paying ones)
come through our buildings, with Marketing Reps wandering around after
them saying things like 'This is our support center, don't they look great?'
we have to wear ties. Not only ties, but full suits as well. ( Huh, and
you thought we all wore Acubra hats and drank Foster's out of hot tinnies
in the middle of the Great Sandy Desert ... )

However, I have it on fairly good authority from some of our customers that
we do provide a reasonable level of support. After all, they can't see if you
are wearing a tie over the phone, can they?

Mind you, I promise not to tie my tie so tight in the morning just to
make sure I'm not missing out on any of that bloodflow :-)!

Regards,

Peter May, Advisory Program Service Rep, AIX Support Center, Sydney, Australia.
VNET: PETERMAY at SYDVM1, INTERNET: peter at uuneon.pub.uu.oz.au
/* I DO NOT SPEAK FOR IBM HERE! I DO ENOUGH OF THAT ELSEWHERE! */