DPS: using dpsexec

Nenad Rijavec nr1886 at euclid.math.colostate.edu
Sat Jun 22 03:58:19 AEST 1991

In <91171.151735RBNTJC at ROHVM1.BITNET>, Thomas J Cozzolino asks how to use
dpsexec. Here's how:

1. fire up dpsexec
2. at the prompt enter: (<filename>) run
3. to quit, do ^C, and then "q"

Some remarks:

dpsexec is usefull but reasonably stupid. First, it will not repaint the
window, so you better make sure the window is resized and unobscured before
you run a file! Also, <filename> HAS to be the FULL PATHNAME, starting from
the root directory.

Thirdly, if your output has more than one page, it'll just zip by. To
prevent this, there is a postcrip setup file. Run it first, and you'll see a
page at a time (<return> gets the next page). I'll append the setup source to
this posting. Finally, I've run some color and black & white files, but on
others the thing croaked. So, even though it's usefull, it would be a good
thing if there was a better one available.

I was told all of this by Dave Jones of IBM, so let's all give him a big
round of applause!

Nenad
Nenad Rijavec                           nr1886 at euclid.math.ColoState.edu
Department of Mathematics,              (303) 491-5803 or 491-1303
Colorado State University.

dpsexec postcript setup file starts on the next line -------------------
/my_file (%stdin) (r) file def
/buff 100 string def

/showpage
  {
    my_file buff readline /flag exch def /sub_buff exch def
    erasepage
    initgraphics
  } bind def