$&%^*&(* -C option on the lpr command

Dale Hubler hubler at galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 22 03:20:56 AEST 1991

Well, the title kind of summarizes our operators feelings when they
write the nastygram on our printouts.  We have a large enough site
that our ID's are not identifiable to the operators and the mainframe
printers we use rely on the -C option to get the bin number on the
header page of the printout.  Our Suns and SGI's can get the bin
number to the printserver just fine, but the IBM RS6000's .....B^{
Has anybody out there figured a way to get the AIX to output the header
page?  I have tried with SMIT but the field for header page cannot be
changed from "never".  My understanding is the -C option works fine,
but the entire page is tossed out.  Can somebody help make our operators
smile again?

--
Dale A. Hubler  --  Sverdrup Technology  --  (216) 977-7014
                                             hubler at galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov
Hubler's Thereom;  For each and every low-tech problem there exists
                   at least one high-tech solution