How to increase paging space?

GA.Hoffman oasis at gary.watson.ibm.com
Fri Jun 21 00:54:38 AEST 1991

Increasing pgspace is straight forward with smit ..
it tends to be a good idea to use smit for the things
it does well.  If you have more than one disk, try to
spread the increase around to pgspace's on each disk.

Real memory size has little to do with how big to size
your pgspace... on the high end of its size you want
to consider total disk space available.  On the low end,
you need enough to keep your workload from starving, as
you currently are.  I tend to increase pgspace on machines
in 50% size increments, but I have all the disks I could
want.
gary a hoffman
RISC Systems, Watson Research