How to DECREASE paging space?

Richard Hasting rich at kunikpok.uucp
Sun Jun 23 03:29:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun21.152819.14974 at ornl.gov> jxt at stc06.ctd.ornl.gov (TOLLIVER J S) writes:
>Well, I once increased my paging space. Now I want to decrease it since
>I've got a new external hard disk (in a separate volume group) upon
>which I've enabled some paging space. I wish to decrease the paging
.
.
.
Everyone save this if you don't have it already.

To reduce a page space, you must deactivate it in smit via
smit, physical, Page spaces, change PS...  Then, you must edit
/etc/rc.boot4 and change the swapon /dev/hd6 to swapon -a.
At that point, a bosboot -a should be run, followed by a reboot of the
system.  At that moment, the pagespace in question should be
deactivated.  You can then remove it from smit.  If the page space
removed happens to be hd6, then you need to create another hd6.
Without an hd6, maint mode will be a problem since it is hardcoded into
/etc/continue.  To create hd6, "smit", physical, logical VM, logical,
add a logical volume, and add to rootvg a LV named hd6 of type
paging space.    Give it a size as well, and that should do it.

       Richard Hasting, Austin TX.
       rich at kunikpok.uucp; ... !cs.utexas.edu!icus.com!kunikpok!rich
       What organization, I own the machine.
       "We're on a mission from God." - Dan A.