AIX TCF Partitioning Problem

James DeRoest deroest at milton.u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 12 03:23:01 AEST 1991

   Has anyone played with parameters in /etc/netparams on and AIX TCF cluster
to help minimize cluster partitioning?  We have a two site AIX/370 cluster
connected by a VCTC.  One site is Primary, the other is a Backbone site.  The
primary owns most of the user filesystems.  We are doing alot of batch work on
the backbone site, and if users do not copy their files from the primary, the
I/O overhead causes the sites to eventually partition.  During the topchg
process, the ethernet interface on the primary also stalls until topchg has
completed.  This tends to make our interactive users unhappy.  Anyway, since
many sites are experiencing this problem, I thought I'd see what tricks you
may have used.

Jim DeRoest
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195