Problems with 3000UX. Answers anyone?

L. Scott Emmons emmonsl at athena.ecs.csus.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:13:05 AEST 1991

In some article I wrote:
> [deleted]
>One of the most annoying problems occurs when I close down a socket and the
>processes associated with that socket die off...
> [deleted]

Well, once again I find that the easiest way to solve a problem is to post it
to everyone on the planet; and then, invariably, I solve it myself within an
hour of the post...The problem had to do with phantom data hanging around in
the socket queue; nothing a while(read(s,&c,1)); couldn't fix...

Since my assumption about the use of STREAMS to implement sockets seems to be
incorrect, can anyone tell me what STREAMS is for?  Is it just a 'brand name'
of TCP/IP?

Thanks again!

			L. Scott Emmons