Floppies under Ami Unix

Greg Comeau comeau at ditka.Chicago.COM
Fri Apr 12 00:45:22 AEST 1991

In article <20276 at brahms.udel.edu> don at brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) writes:

>	Could someone please enlighten me as to how to go about using the floppies
>on a 3000UX?  The manual says very little; there's a floppy-format command,
>and mounting the floppy seems easy enough.  What kind of file system is being
>mounted?  Can I read AmigaDOS disks (floppy or otherwise) under UNIX?  I'd
>like to download some sources from the net to my Amiga at home and bring them in
>to the 3000UX I occasionally work on.  Also, what about reading MS-DOS disks?

A UNIX file system would be mounted if you've gone strictly the UNIX route.
Although you cannot read AmigaDOS file system'ed disks yet, you can read
bru'd ones.  (That is you can most certinly read disk with am AmigaDOS file
system, but you're be on you own in terpreting it).  Reading MS-DOS didks
from AMIX is currently out of the question.  You'll have to do it via ADOS
and then bru it.  It can be annoying but here we have 2 work diskettes having
around for this purpose (one with an + on it for MS-DOS->ADOS transfer
and one with a - on it for ADOS->AMIX bru's and it works out fine).

- Greg
--
	 Comeau Computing, 91-34 120th Street, Richmond Hill, NY, 11418
                            Producers of Comeau C++