What commercial end-user applications are exist NOW for the A300

Travis Bissett tbissett at nstar.rn.com
Fri Apr 5 11:58:47 AEST 1991

jac at gandalf.llnl.gov (James A. Crotinger) writes:

>   Comeau's C++ product is a CFRONT port (so is Lattice's, but Comeau's
> is much newer [2.1 vs 1.2]). It translates C++ code to C. You still
> need a C compiler to do the final phase. I can only speculate as to
> why they require SAS C: Possibly because SAS C has already been tested
> as a backend to an earlier version of CFRONT. CFRONT can produce some
> gawd-awful C code and I've seen many C compilers choke when trying to
> compile it.

Well, I guess live and learn. I like your explanation better than mine ;-)

>   Does anyone know if the arrival of Comeau C++ for AmigaDOS has derailed
> SAS's plan to market a new version of their C++ product? They had been
> planning to release a native C++ compiler (one which compiled directly
> to machine code) sometime in '91.

We in our Amiga Group have been wondering if SAS would drop all C marketing
efforts for the Amiga since they apparently have foresaken MS-DOS. And,
someone spread a rumor that Borland "Vaporware" International was serious
about offering their C++ to Amiganoids.  Any comments?

--
Travis Bissett                       NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: tbissett at nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines