What commercial end-user applications are exist NOW for the A300

James A. Crotinger jac at gandalf.llnl.gov
Sat Apr 6 14:53:49 AEST 1991

tbissett at nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) writes:

> We in our Amiga Group have been wondering if SAS would drop all C marketing
> efforts for the Amiga since they apparently have foresaken MS-DOS. And,
> someone spread a rumor that Borland "Vaporware" International was serious
> about offering their C++ to Amiganoids.  Any comments?

  I haven't been on BIX for several months, but back when SAS took
over, John Toebes made it *very* clear that the Amiga line was alive
and well.  Indeed, the SAS team has been handling the Amiga
development for some time (since 4.1 I believe). Lattice was doing
things like marketing and support.

  Someone sent me email saying that SAS is still working on their
native code C++ environment. Wish I knew what their timescale is.

  I wouldn't hold my breath on Borland. I believe that they have
announced a port to the Mac. But [hold them flame throwers] the Mac
market is a lot bigger. I don't think the Amiga market could support 3
C++ systems. [It hasn't provided much demand for a single system so
far.]

  Jim