Decent Unix Editors!!

ac12 at vaxb.acs.unt.edu ac12 at vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Fri Apr 19 19:05:41 AEST 1991

In article <846.280ca9ab at vger.nsu.edu>, g_harrison at vger.nsu.edu (George C. Harrison, Norfolk State University) writes:

>      Does anyone know of a "decent" program (ascii) editor for Unix (SYS V REV.
> 4).  By "decent" I mean anything that is not vi or emacs or versions thereof!
>
> I have heard that there is a VMS-like EVE editor, a WordStar-like editor, a
> WordPerfice-like editor, etc. for Unix, but I haven't been able to trace them
> to any FTP site or commercial product.

WordPerfect does make a Unix version of their Word Processing program, but I
don't know if they have a version that works with SVR4.  WordPerfect has pretty
good educational pricing, though.  There is also a Unix version of TPU (with
EVE as the default TPU section).  NU/TPU is available from a/soft Development,
11 Red Roof Lane, Suite 4, Salem, NH 03079.  Once again, since we are running
it inder SUN/OS, I don't know if there is a SVR4 version.

> George C. Harrison, Professor of Computer Science

Regards to Ringo and Paul (Sorry, I couldn't resist).   :)

Philip Baczewski
Academic Computing Services
University of North Texas