Decent Unix Editors!!

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Apr 19 06:17:46 AEST 1991

I have a System V release 3 compatible version of the "dte" editor: it's
a Wordstar-command compatible windowing editor, in the public domain.

(The name stands for Doug's Text Editor, after the author Doug Thomson
 in Australia (doug at munnari.oz.au))

(perhaps Commodore would be interested in including it in A3000UX at
some point?)

In any case, I'd be happy to send anyone a copy, or post to alt.sources
if there are enough requests. It needs some work handling tabs and control
characters (right now they show up as inverse-video uppercase letters),
and long lines seem to vanish off the screen... but it's a pretty handy
editor for novices anyway...
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com