VMS talking

John H. Lee johnhlee at CS.Cornell.EDU
Tue Apr 9 05:53:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr8.180232.1158 at msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> jap at convex.cl.msu.edu (Joe Porkka) writes:
>In article <9104050136.AA01908 at churchy.gnu.ai.mit.edu> gwaldron at GNU.AI.MIT.EDU (Glenn Waldron) writes:
>>What is the equivalent to a UNIX internet "talk" command
>>using a VMS system???
>>
>>Need an answer soon...  Thanks, Glenn.
>
>PHONE username
>
>But.... it does not network to unix TALK.
>It may (but I dunno) network to another PHONE over decnet.

PHONE over DECnet works fine.  I've PHONEd to a co-worker on another machine
at another plant site in another city just fine.  Just use the DECnet
name, node_name::account.

The DiskDoctor threatens the crew!  Next time on AmigaDos: The Next Generation.
	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee at cs.cornell.edu
The above opinions of those of the user, and not of this machine.