I get some white hairs with gcc and sockets

Jean-MarcPorchet jmpor at dynam.UUCP
Fri May 24 10:06:14 AEST 1991

In article <3939 at cbmehq.UUCP>, David Miller - CATS writes:

> |2) About your documentation on your distribution tape:
> |   I tried to download from tape to disk the "Full SVR4 documentation set"
> |   of 15 Megs.... (yes, I did the uncompress | cpio of 3th part)
> |   Just one meg of nice garbage data for elm and other not usable
> |   things comes in my directory...
> |
> |   Where is this documentation? Was the European distribution of the
> |   tapes bad ?  Does it only exist in the manual ;) ?
>
> It sounds like your tape is hosed.   Did you contact the vendor where
> you got the machine?  That should be your first step.

I have the same problem, and I have try with two different tapes, with the
same result, maybe Commodore Switzerland have got a lot of bad tapes,
sound weird no ??

I have another problem with the 1.1 distribution, I can't reinstall the tape
on my systems. I have also try with two different tapes and two different A3000UX
and I go the same result : the system crash when it try to load the Kernel
with an errror : ERROR 8000 000B TASK: 07802E00.

Any advice,tips or help will be welcome.

--

PS : forget my bad English, I'm still trying to learn it
Jean-Marc PORCHET                                    Phone : 41 22-754-1733