Tech Notes

Michael Marvin Morrison mmm at reaper.Chi.IL.US
Mon May 20 21:49:02 AEST 1991

In article <P9o822w161w at nstar.rn.com> tbissett at nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) writes:
>mmm at reaper.Chi.IL.US (Michael Marvin Morrison) writes:
>
>> There was a discussion a earlier about Amix "Tech Notes".  Is it possible to
>> receive these notes if you aren't an owner of Amix?  I am trying to get
>> Motorola here in Schaumburg to buy an evaluation box and I think this would
>> help. (?)
>>

>I guess it's possible since I'm getting the Tech Notes and I'm not
>(currently) an owner of Amiga Unix -- in fact it would be tough to fit it on
>my 2 floppy 1 MB A1000 :-) ...
>
>I have know idea of how to get on the mailing list for Tech Notes. I've
>talked to some of the mddle-to-high marketing types -- maybe they remembered
>me. More likely, it was from calling the 800 number at CBM to find the
>closest A3000ux Advanced Systems Dealer. Sorry, I've lost the number Wait..
>try this: 1-800-66-AMIGA

When I called this number I was told to contact my 'Regional Sales Rep', and
hey.. there happened to be one here in Schaumburg.  Unfortunately I haven't
been able to get in touch with him.
Anyways, if you send mail to 'tn at amix.commodore.com' you can get info on getting
them.

>Good luck! Sheesh, if Motorola won't buy Amiga maybe we can get HP or Sony
>to buy 'em (really big grin). (The machine, not the company -- although
>maybe it would break loose Uncle Irving).

We are predominantly Apollo and Sun (for Unix), and I am the System Admin
for a VAX cluster.  A few people seemed interested in the ads in most unix
mags (Born to run SVR4) and I am simply trying to get more info.  This is
just one department within Motorola, not Motorola as a whole, of course.
And, as everyone else says: 'I just work for (insert company) I don't officially
represent them..'

--
Michael M Morrison              /|                             |\
mmm at reaper.chi.il.us <or>      | |     Cold Steel on Ice       | |