Re^2: multiple monitors under A/UX 1.1

Chuq Von Rospach chuq at Apple.COM
Sun Jul 9 05:10:14 AEST 1989

>Be thankful that it just goes dead.  My 24-bit color monitor (card) causes
>A/UX to abort with a double-bus-panic if it is installed.

Third party support for monitors was significnatly improved in 1.1. Some
monitors still have problems because the vendors didn't quite follow the
rules, and A/UX is pickier than MacOS. Supermac has fixed their 24 bit card
problems already and if you call them you can get the fixes. Best thing is
to check with the manufacturer and see what they're doing about it. If they
followed the rules, they should run under 1.1.

Chuq Von Rospach      =|=     Editor,OtherRealms     =|=     Member SFWA/ASFA
         chuq at apple.com   =|=  CI$: 73317,635  =|=  AppleLink: CHUQ
      [This is myself speaking. No company can control my thoughts.]

You are false data. Therefore I shall ignore you.