multiple monitors under A/UX 1.1

Steve Lemke steve at cpdaux.UUCP
Sat Jul 8 20:15:50 AEST 1989

In article <10469 at polya.Stanford.EDU> kaufman at Polya.Stanford.EDU (Marc) writes:
}>Both monitors are usable under MacOS.  Great.  When I boot A/UX,  the
}>secondary monitor goes dead.
}
}Be thankful that it just goes dead.  My 24-bit color monitor (card) causes
}A/UX to abort with a double-bus-panic if it is installed.
}
}Marc Kaufman (kaufman at polya.stanford.edu)

What brand of 24-bit card are you using?  Have you contacted the manufacturer
to ask if they intend to be compatible with A/UX?  A monitor board may work
under Mac OS without necessarily being compatible wit A/UX.  Special things
must be done to insure that the board will run under A/UX, and apparrently
not everyone is doing them.
--
----- Steve Lemke ------------------- "MS-DOS (OS/2, etc.) - just say no!"
----- Internet: cpdaux!steve at apple.com                GEnie:  LEMKE