The monster that ate my RAM

Mike Shaff shaff at Sesame.Stanford.EDU
Wed May 17 00:22:17 AEST 1989

ciao,

I received a number of replies (THANKS!) from my earlier request for
information on SCSI and RAM difficulties.  The most distressing type of
response the RAM question was of the flavor "A/UX ate the rest [of your
physical memory]", so in the interest of knowledge does the below message
really indicate that A/UX is using the rest of memory?

Total memory size 8388608
Available memory 4505600

68020 caching enabled
/etc/sysinitrc : system initialization

Note that I am not running either X (I hope to when I get some of my other
problems solved) nor *ANY* network code, THIS IS A STAND-ALONE A/UX
(pronounced OX) box.  Can A/UX really be using all of that memory?

(peace chance)

	mas