installing emacs

Gabe M Wiener gmw1 at CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue May 16 12:40:25 AEST 1989

Help!

I'm trying to get emacs running on A/UX 1.1.  I downloaded the 18.49
distribution from my nearest host, de-compressed it, and sent it on its
way with build-install.  It got through the compilation of a few of the
files, and then stopped with "don't know how to make .../src/config.h"

How do I get the $((@$%)( thing to install?  I've placed it all into
a directory called /usr/src/emacs, and still it won't work.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Gabe Wiener -- Columbia University   \****/ "It doesn't matter how sincere it
				      \**/   is, nor how heart-felt the spirit.
INTERNET: gmw1 at cunixd.cc.columbia.edu  \/    Sentiment will not endear it.
BITNET:   gmw1 at cunixc                  /\    What's important is the price."
COMPUSERVE: 72355,1226                /**\   		- Tom Lehrer
WUI: 650-117-9118                    /****\                  on gift giving