Want Info on Apple's DAL (CL/1)

James T. Talley talley at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Sun Aug 5 05:46:51 AEST 1990

I have some questions about Apple's Data Access Language (DAL --
formerly CL/1).  It's not clear from the promotional literature I have
whether the DAL server software is a necessary part of the equation
for access to SQL databases.  For example, if you have Oracle running
on an A/UX system, do you need the DAL server software on the A/UX
machine for DAL clients on other Macs to access the Oracle databases?

While we're on the subject, the price list I have (Developer Tools
Express -- Summer 1990) lists several CL/1 server packages for
non-Unix machines.  Is there such a thing as a DAL server for A/UX?

Am I just completely confused?

James Talley