A/UX Questions...

Ron Flax ron at afsg.apple.com
Thu Aug 16 11:02:43 AEST 1990

In article <6509 at helios.ee.lbl.gov> beard at ux5.lbl.gov (Patrick C Beard) writes:
>o  How does one adjust the amount of virtual memory the system uses?
put a line like:
	setenv TBMEMORY 10m
in your .login file... the 10m means 10meg.  You can go up to 16meg

>o  How do I get MPW 3.1 to work?  It hangs my system.
MPW 3.1 doesn't work under A/UX 2.0 yet, 3.2 will work
though.. in the meantime you can make 3.1 work by breaking
into MacsBug when it's hung, and entering pc=pc+2;g.

>o  How do I keep command lines that I edit with backspace keep from erasing
>the prompt?  I know line  discipline is the issue here, how  do I turn it
>on?
Actually it's a function of the tty driver.  The BSD tty driver (which
A/UX doesn't use) handles this, the SysV tty driver does not.  What you
can do is run a shell such as tcsh (available from ohio state) which
internally keeps track of keys typed, and where the prompt string is,
etc.

>o  Can I refer to a file on mac file system disks from within Unix?  Can the
>mac volume appear to be under the / volume?
Nope. That's not supported.

--
Ron Flax
UUCP:		..!uunet!afsg!ron
Ineternet:	ron at afsg.apple.com
Apple Federal Systems Group, Complex Systems