'Minor Problems' with the Finder Desktop under A/UX 2.0

Thomas Lenggenhager lengge at chx400.switch.ch
Tue Nov 27 00:09:13 AEST 1990

In the mean time I found the mistake myself.

The reason was not the crash of the program, but my previous renaming of the
file /mac/sys/System Folder/AppleShare to /mac/sys/System Folder/~AppleShare.
By renaming the file I wanted to load the AppleShare INIT as last INIT in the
row.

However A/UX doesn't like to have this file renamed to something else than it
was originally named. The renaming is perfectly ok under the MacOS.

A bit more detailed documentation about the process of starting up the Mac
environment under A/UX would probably help to understand what you can do and
what you should leave as it is in the initial configuration.

Regards,
Thomas