A coupl'a A/UX & Mac-type questions.

Tony Rems rembo at unisoft.UUCP
Wed Nov 28 11:44:22 AEST 1990

Hello, A/UX fans.

I'm interested in getting the new Mac LC, however I would
like to run A/UX on it.  I've heard rumors that someone
might be coming out with a card with an an mmu and a floating
point co-processor for the LC.  Does anyone know anything
about it?

As for A/UX, pardon my ignorance of the A/UX since I haven't
read this group previously, I'm under the impression that it's
base kernel is SVR2 with mucho improvements.  Do these include
STREAMS support?

That's about the extent of my interest in AT&T type improvements.

I have a few questions about Berkeley enhancements.
Does it include:
	1) support for symlinks
	2) socket support
	3) reliable signals
	4) job control (although that follows from #3).
	5) ptys

Also, I'd appreciate any comments people have on the socket
implementation if the number 2 is a yes.

Finally, I'd just appreciate general comments on the performance
and the programming interface.  Thanks in advance for any help
you can offer.  Please e-mail me replies unless they seem to
be of general interest, although I will be reading this newsgroup
now :-).  Nothing like new ways to waste my time...

Btw, I did notice one question people had about the Berkeley
Fast File System.  I have an online postscript copy of McKusick's
paper on the subject if anyone would like a copy.  Just send
me mail and I'll fire it off.

-Tony