gdb 3.6- now available

John Coolidge coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 17 08:56:44 AEST 1990

gdb 3.6- (a prerelease gdb 3.6) is now available from
wuarchive.wustl.edu in /archive/systems/aux/gnu (/archive is ftp
root directory). It seems to be better than gdb 3.5, although I
haven't used it that much. It has much better support for the
current version of g++ and doesn't coredump when loading files
linked with shared libraries.

The following files are included in this release (note that the
.bin file is a single, compressed binary):
        gdb-3.6-.bin.Z          Binary for gdb-3.6- on A/UX (gas/dbx version).
        gdb-3.6-.aux.diffs.Z    Patches for gdb-3.6- supporting A/UX. These
                                        should not break support for any
                                        other machine, and should work for
                                        A/UX 1.1 and 2.0.
        gdb-3.6-.aux.tar.Z      Sources for gdb-3.6- with the above diffs
                                        already applied.

I haven't tested support for the as/sdb version in this release; as
the README says, it may work, but I don't know if it will or, if not,
how much work will be required to fix it.

As always, send bug reports to me (coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu).

--John