aux.support.apple.com

E Drew Einhorn ADV.SCI.Inc einhorn at triton.unm.edu
Fri Nov 2 09:54:26 AEST 1990

Hi I'm still having difficulties accessing aux.support.apple.com
Several weeks ago I complained and Antonio said he would get everything
fixed up in a couple of days.  Several days later I asked again and
he said he had to recompile a bunch of stuff because of shared library
problems.  It's still broken!

I am trying to come in via a Cisconet Terminal Server.  This will be much
cheaper for me.  Won't have to pay for connect/cpu time to ftp stuff to a near
by host, then pay connect/cpu time to kermit the stuff to my system.  Could
also get into spending lotsa money on long distance charges.  Best solution
for me would be if you could fix things so I can log in as regular user
via the terminal server to browse and log in via the terminal server as
for uucp for file transfer.

Have tried telnet and rlogin sessions.  They also fail in a manner similar to
the following:

	CDCN>>aux.support.apple.com
	Trying AUX.SUPPORT.APPLE.COM (130.43.6.2)... Open

	Apple Computer A/UX (aux.support.apple.com)

	login: aux

	[Connection to AUX.SUPPORT.APPLE.C closed by foreign host]

FYI,  Here is the terminal server configuration.

	CDCN>>show version

	System Bootstrap, Version 3.4(8), copyright (c) 1988 by cisco Systems, Inc.
	TS Software, Version 7.1(9)
	Copyright (c) 1986, 1989 by cisco Systems, Inc.
	Compiled Wed 14-Jun-89 11:54
	CDCN> uptime is 2 weeks, 1 day, 9 hours, 7 minutes
	System restarted by power-on
	Running default software

	CSC2 (68020) processor with 1024K bytes of memory.
	1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface.
	64 terminal lines.
	Configuration register is 0x301

	CDCN>>