A/UX concerns

Jon W{tte d88-jwa at byse.nada.kth.se
Wed Feb 20 19:24:10 AEST 1991

In article <250 at raysnec.UUCP> shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:

>simply providing a kernel and utilities. Its ability to support both
>UNIX and Mac applications simultaneously without resort to emulation is
>certainly remarkable. Unless the alleged Mach ports can offer something
>comparable there's little reason to choose it over A/UX.

Well, from what I've heard, the Mach port actually DID support mac
apps - and as separate processes per app, at that ! Oh, and this
"virtual" mac wasn't as doggy as A/UX is (My fx feels like a II :-(
macwise.

							Jon

"The IM-IV file manager chapter documents zillions of calls, all of which
seem to do almost the same thing and none of which seem to do what I want
them to do."  --  Juri Munkki in comp.sys.mac.programmer