file transfers with AUX supplied kermit

Colin Lythall colin at citrus.citr.uq.oz
Sun Jan 6 14:46:35 AEST 1991

I am having trouble trying to transfer files to/from an Ultrix box with
Kermit.
Using MacKermit I simply start the server on the Ultrix end and GET files
etc.  When I try using the AUX supplied Kermit directly I cant get a file
transfer going.  The server (Ultrix) sends T% (Timeout, retransmit ?)
repeatedly.

What is the correct method of configuring the two Kermits to do file
transfers?  They both seem to be the same version level (4E(--)).  The AUX
Kermit appears faster and has cut&paste and scrolling available so is
preferable to MacKermit.  PS: When using MacKermit in binary mode to
transfer Unix binary files do you select data or resource fork (data??).  I
seem to have problems with file-formats -- see previous posting!

Thanks
Colin Lythall	colin at citrus.citr.uq.oz.au