A/UX 2.0 and old EtherPortII card??

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Tue Jan 8 04:47:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan7.134806.10592 at tnofel.fel.tno.nl> jsvp1 at tnofel.fel.tno.nl (J S de Vries) writes:
>I want to use A/UX 2.0 with my old Kinetics EtherPort II card, but, sofar, I
>have not been able to get it up and running on a MacII at work or my MacIIx at
>home. Because I only WAS a casual UNIX user and now, suddenly, an A/UX System
>Administrator, I need experienced help!!

>I have tried to use the old A/UX 1.0 (Rev A) Kinetics EtherPort II driver
>software to configure the A/UX kernel for BNet or NFS. However, during
>linking the kernel one undefined symbol is found ('mcIget') in the binary
>file /etc/boot.d/if_ep, which is one of the driver S/W files, supplied by
>Kinetics. This kills the linking process.

Device drivers written under A/UX 1.1 won't work with A/UX 2.0, because a couple
of kernel structures are different. I.e. the company/persons behind the
driver should simply recompile the driver(s) under A/UX 2.0 with the new
A/UX 2.0 device driver kit files.

Regards,
Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo