A/UX SCSI driver?

John Nagle nagle at well.sf.ca.us
Tue May 14 11:19:47 AEST 1991

     I'm starting to install A/UX, and I've been informed by American
Peripheral Systems (the disk drive maker) that the disk formatter/
partitioner shipped with their drives is NOT compatible with A/UX.
Nor is Apple's partitioner.  They suggest La Cie's Silver Lining.

     At La Cie, which is really a disk drive maker (they're owned
by Quantum), I got a response along the lines of "well, that's what
you get with those bargain-basement drives..."

     The installation procedure for A/UX is certainly impressive.
I haven't seen anything this complex since I installed a UNIVAC mainframe.
It makes VMS and SUN/OS installations look trivial.

					John Nagle