A/UX 2.0 on the CD ROM Product, using CD Tech's Drive...

Jon W{tte d88-jwa at byse.nada.kth.se
Wed May 29 19:16:55 AEST 1991

   Does "anyone" know of a way to copy the contents of the CD onto other media
   such as my 210 Cobra or even to disk. I would very much like to be able to

   must be some Software, PD or other, that will copy "sector per sector" or

   P.S. I also don't believe that the CD-ROM can be mounted under A/UX.

Pfui, to quote Donald Duck.

Let's say your CD has SCSI ID 3:

mount -o ro -r /dev/dsk/c3d0s0 /mnt

will mount the cdrom A/UX file system under A/UX. If you installed
everything OK, the MacOS partition will already be visible in the
Finder.

dd works great from this point on (or cpio, or your favourite UNIX
backup method)

Have you noticed how practical dd is from Mac OS floppies, to save
damaged floppies or just making for easy duplication ?

--
						Jon W{tte
						h+ at nada.kth.se
						- Speed !