Cave Men and Dinosaurs

Akkana Peck akkana at Apple.COM
Thu May 30 09:43:25 AEST 1991

liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts;) writes:
>I think he's complaining about "mush" amongst other things. We don't run our

Actually, I've found A/UX to be one of the easier targets for porting
public domain software (including mush, which ported with very little
effort).  Basically, I've found that adding a set42sig() call at the
beginning of main() will allow most programs to work with -DBSD.  The
only exceptions I've found so far are heavily tty-driver-dependant
programs like bash and jove (anyone have a jove A/UX port?).

I'm biased, since I *am* currently working for Apple in the A/UX group;
but as a contractor who has worked with a number of other systems,
I was quite pleasantly surprised at the ease of porting outside
applications to A/UX.

	...Akkana		(akkana at apple.com)
	Contracting at, but not speaking for, Apple