A/UX 2.0 on the CD ROM Product, using CD Tech's Drive...

Peter in Amiland pdills at mermaid.micro.umn.edu
Wed May 29 10:39:26 AEST 1991

I know you will all be dissapointed when I say, that I have had NO problem
installing A/UX 2.0 from CD. ;)

I do however have a question:

Does "anyone" know of a way to copy the contents of the CD onto other media
such as my 210 Cobra or even to disk. I would very much like to be able to
install without having to pull out "actualy borrow" a friend's CD-ROM drive
everytime. I guess you could say, "backup" is the best word to use. There
must be some Software, PD or other, that will copy "sector per sector" or
some other method. The problem is ofcourse, that the MAC can only see the
MAC partition. The Unix partition files can only be seen by a running Kernal.

Any suggestions?

Peter

P.S. I also don't believe that the CD-ROM can be mounted under A/UX.

pdills at ux.acs.umn.edu (Internet, immer/always)
pdills at mermaid.micro.umn.edu (Internet, immer/always)