Re^2: SVR4 shipping, sort of, allegedly; Microport is baaaaack

Bill Hatch bill at alembic.acs.com
Mon Aug 6 01:43:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug3.214737.7651 at cichlid.com> aab at cichlid.com (Andrew A. Burgess) writes:
>I would love to know how much ESIX S5R4 will be. Now, you can apparently
>get a two user version of ESIX S5R3.2 with X for $400 and uucp the gcc
>development tools for free.
I think that you need a local c colpiler like cc to install gcc from
scratch (with ld, and ar).  You also need the c libraries libc.a and
libm.a from your SW development kit inorder to use gcc.  There is no
free sw development kit from the free software foundation; they do offer
some nice extensions to your existing sw development kit.

bill hatch