Ulimit revisited..... in ISC 1.0.6

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Fri Jul 27 07:26:20 AEST 1990

First: The F.A.Q entry #12 applies to ISC 2.x and later. No flames,
ok?? I have looked there, and in all the manuals I've got around
here.

We have someone in another department trying to use large databases
under 1.0.6 (I'm not sure which db program they're using). They are
hitting the upper limit for normal users, which defaults to 8MB.

I need to increase this default, so they don't have to have an
inexperienced user su'd in as root doing database. This is an
obvious hazard :-).

I've searched all the /usr/include, /usr/include/sys, /etc/conf,
and everything else I can think of to try and find where to increase
this limit.

Upgrading to 2.x is not an option; this is not on an ISA bus machine
(Multibus) and 2.x is not available for it.

Can anyone point me to the place to change this? I'll be glad to
forward email to Connor for inclusion in the FAQ, to save others
from scratching their heads.

Thanks,

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)