Is uPort/286 worth the trouble?

Andy Valencia vandys at hpindda.HP.COM
Fri Apr 8 04:24:38 AEST 1988

    I've used 2.3 on my Empac '286 clone w. a Seagate 40Mb drive.
It works fine for a single-user system.  The disk really starts
thrashing once you run multiple non-trivial applications.  The
floating point support is pretty bad--the system freezes on a number
of simple floating exceptions.  However, for your run-of-the-mill
UNIX work, it really is System-V.2, and I appreciate that quite a
bit.

    Reading this group gives you the impression that everybody's
always having their system crash.  Don't forget, people who aren't
having a problem usually don't post!  I've found it to be a quite
reasonable UNIX environment for my own work.

				Andy Valencia