V/AT Text Preparation/Jetroff

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Thu Sep 22 11:18:53 AEST 1988

In article <154 at carpet.WLK.COM> bill at carpet.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>the same result.  It seems unlikely that the JetRoff post-processor is doing
>the surgery because the same troff source through Textware's DWB and JetRoff
>produces the desired result.  This one's a puzzle and John seems to have the
>key.
>
>result that we did, who dun it?  Who's going to do what about it?  Since
>Rick specifically calls out DWB 2.0 and V/AT DWB is 1.0 could that be the
>problem?

I only called out 2.0 because thats what every troff user *should* have,
and thats what I tested against.  But ".B" being ignored by your troff
and flying straight through into JetRoff to be printed as ".B" just
isn't something that JetRoff has any control over.  And I doubt that
other 1.0 DWB troff's do anything so blantantly wrong, either.

If I were John, I'd listen to the V/AT customers who've clamored
for 2.0 for awhile now, and get somebody to compile it up on the 286.
Its gotta be easier than trying to find, fix, and placate the people
who have 1.0.  And looky here, if you really have b*lls, you can charge
'em a 'small' upgrade fee. :-(
--
		Rick Richardson, PC Research, Inc.
		rick%pcrat.uucp at uunet.uu.net (INTERNET)