microport 386 with > 8 megs RAM? Help.

lester lester at ka3adu.UUCP
Wed Jan 25 11:35:43 AEST 1989

In article <214 at mic.UUCP>, merlin at mic.UUCP (Merlin Wilkerson) writes:

>     I would like to hear from someone running microport 386
> with greater than 8 megs of RAM.

I had the same problem when I put my Compaq up to 16 Megs.
And on a friday nite at 5:00 I was ticked, but Uport came thru and told me to

/etc/patch /unix Nbuf 1024

This will patch the kernel to buffer size of 1meg. You may want to play with
that figure.

Bob

--
Bob Lester KA3ADU                |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!ka3adu!lester
6330 Somerset St.                |           Packet: KA3ADU @ AK3P