Wanted: info on 'root' magazine

James Deibele jamesd at techbook.com
Sat Sep 29 12:02:38 AEST 1990

>In article <7017 at dog.ee.lbl.gov> david at msri.org (David Mostardi) writes:
>I thank Colin from Massey University in New Zealand for the
>address for 'root' magazine,
>	632 East Bidwell St. #56
>	Folsom CA 95360
>	USA
>Fax: (916) 983 2004
>Tel: (916) 351 0831

One nice thing is that they also bought all the back issues, and are reprinting
the issues that they've run out of.  They also seem a little more interested in
getting widespread distribution of root, which should help those poor souls who
don't have net access.

Subscription price is $32/year, or you can find it at a couple of technical
bookstores (I think Computer Literacy is the other one).

The July/August issue looks pretty good, but they need to get a net address.
I'd like to see more articles that had sample script files, with the scripts
posted to alt.sources or whatever.

--
jamesd at techbook.COM  ...!{tektronix!nosun,uunet}!techbook!jamesd
Public Access UNIX at (503) 644-8135 (1200/2400) Voice: +1 503 646-8257