Text Formatting

James Brister brister at decwrl.dec.com
Wed Sep 12 05:50:22 AEST 1990

On 11 Sep 90 19:36:54 GMT,
ornstein at boulder.Colorado.EDU (ORNSTEIN JASON L) said:

> Hope this is the right area for a question like this.

You probably want comp.text (see Followup-To line)

> I am looking for a good book on text formatting on a Unix system.  I
> would be interested in someting along the lines of Troff and Nroff for
> now, but maybe something better a little later, such as Tex (if this is
> considered to be better).

Well, not everyone considers TeX to be better (I do); however it a lot more
difficult than nroff or troff to use. LaTeX is a better choice for simple
formatting. See Leslie Lamport's book "LaTeX" published by Addison-Wesley.

James
--
James Brister                                           brister at decwrl.dec.com
DEC Western Software Lab., Palo Alto, California.         .....!decwrl!brister