A visual unix shell?

uunet!bria!mike uunet!bria!mike
Fri Jan 18 10:17:32 AEST 1991

In article <760 at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM> cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM!heymann (Jurgen Heymann) writes:

>Is there a Norton Commander like unix shell somewhere? If not, is anyone
>interested and motivated in building one? Maybe we then should have a
>discussion about desired features as well? If there is no "visual shell"
>out there yet (I'm not aware of any), I want to suggest an effort to
>make/get/... one in the discussion below.

Although I personally bristle at the very *thought* of Pete Norton's stuff
running under UNIX, there is indeed a version slated for XENIX, and I'm sure
that other UNIX flavors will be targeted.

Although I have nothing against my neighboring Santa Monican, I really *won't*
be holding my breath ...
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike