Source for dump/restore/rdump/rrestore?

Pete Ashdown pashdown at javelin.es.com
Thu Jan 24 07:19:18 AEST 1991

For those of you who saw my previous query regarding how to dump an NFS
partition, I've got my answer.  Basically Sun made a mistake in their
documentation, its not possible.  They told me that they have no plans to do
an rdump/rrestore to go with their dump/restore for the Fuji3480 tape drive.
They sold us half a package and we are getting our money back.

However, this still leaves me high and dry on using the Fuji3480 for backups.
What we would like to do now is write our own version of dump/restore/rdump/
rrestore to use here.  Is it possible to get any source to these utilities?
Sun said 'no' without a source license, then they happily offered to do the
programming for us, onsite (they don't have a drive), for what would run
about $50,000.  Does source exist anywhere in PD form?  If so, where can I
ftp it from?
--

                "I'm going under the table."  - Bernard Shaw

Pete Ashdown  pashdown at javelin.sim.es.com ...uunet!javelin.sim.es.com!pashdown