fun with Unix

Richard Link link at stew.ssl.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:29:02 AEST 1988

In article <15287 at shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> scw at ollie.SEAS.UCLA.EDU (Stephen C. Woods) writes:
>In article <404 at cpro.UUCP> asgard at cpro.UUCP (J.R. Stoner) writes:
>>In article <Aug.12.22.31.31.1988.1843 at topaz.rutgers.edu>, ron at topaz.rutgers.edu (Ron Natalie) writes:
>>; C'mon, real programmers know that the correct response is:
>>;
>>; 	.MAKE LOVE
>>; 	Not War?
>>; 	[4K CORE]
>>
>>Gee, I didn't know there were still other OS/8 veterans out there.
>
>Actually that's not OS/8 (opps, just dated myself here) but TECO that
>gives the 'Not War?'

Does anyone out there think this is funny?

I'm sick (&tired) of "UNIX jokes". As far as I'm concerned, "UNIX jokes"
is merely a statement of reality.

Come on Ken Ritchie, you could have thought better than 'ls' for 'dir'.

You UNIX types who think this kind of drivel is funny, go start a
UNIX.LAME.BRAIN.OS newsgroup.

And lets get some REAL humor, not mereley comments about a joke operating
system.

And forget your flames, I've heard them all before. But, if you insist,
post them in comp.sys.... where they are more appropriate.

Rick Link
link at ssl.berkeley.edu