RCS and SCCS

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.ARPA
Tue Aug 2 16:03:28 AEST 1988

In article <1207 at dragon.UUCP> charles at dragon.UUCP (Charles Wolff, 602 438-3432) writes:
>we did come across an interesting problem with sccs today...
>	DATE_TOUCH=`date +%m%d%H%M%y`
>... sccs saw %H% in the middle of the line and decided
>that was an SCCS significant string...

Yes, "get"'s %X% substitution is useful except when something like this
happens.  "get -k" will suppress all %X% keyword substitutions.  If you
want to suppress just an individual case, I know of no method other than
to arrange for there to be no keyword pattern.  E.g.
	DATE_TOUCH=`date +%m%d%H'%'M%y`