RCS and SCCS

Gregg Siegfried grs at alobar.ATT.COM
Tue Aug 2 21:47:48 AEST 1988

In article <1207 at dragon.UUCP> charles at dragon.UUCP (Charles Wolff, 602 438-3432) writes:

>	DATE_TOUCH=`date +%m%d%H%M%y`
>
>when we checked it into and back out of the sccs source base however,
>something happened... sccs saw %H% in the middle of the line and decided
>that was an SCCS significant string... so on checking out the file,
>converted it to the current date in MM/DD/YY format.  Oops... if anybody
>has any brilliant suggestions for how to get around this, they'd be
>welcome...

I experienced this in a C program about a year ago .. It can be the
source of some really interesting results.  I got around it by using
backslashes.

DATE_TOUCH=`date +%m\%d\%H\%M\%y` should do the trick..

--
 Gregg Siegfried            | Nothing I say should be taken as AT&T
 AT&T - Cincinnati          | policy or opinion .. I just hack here.