Driver design manual from ATT for 3b2...

A. Lester Buck buck at siswat.UUCP
Sat Sep 17 07:35:51 AEST 1988

In article <2253 at cadovax.UUCP>, mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
> Does anybody know how I can get the Driver Design Guide for 3b2s from
> ATT?

When I searched the documentation lists from AT&T, all I ever found
was the "UNIX System V/VME Driver Design Guide", #307-771 Issue 1,
copyright 1986.  I paid about $60 for it.  It is very helpful, but
you must read through some VME specific stuff at times.

Much more cost effective is "Writing a UNIX Device Driver" by
Egan and Teixeira for $25.00 from Wiley.  Again must read through
MASSCOMP RTU specific details for generic Unix behavior.

Caveat: I have used these books to make small adjustments in some
existing drivers, but I have never written anything from scratch.

--
A. Lester Buck		...!uunet!nuchat!moray!siswat!buck