Lost C Subroutines

Dick Gill rg at psgdc
Sat Apr 15 03:49:54 AEST 1989

I am having trouble installing the "slice" utility on my
NCR Tower 32/600.  For some reason, the link to subroutines
regcmp and recex are not being established.  The following
is from the compile/link attempt and from a table of contents
listing of the archive file.
# make
	cc  -O  -DUSG -lPW -o slice  slice.o
undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
regcmp                              slice.o
regex                               slice.o
ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to slice
*** Error code 13

Stop.
# ar -t /usr/lib/libPW.a

abspath.o
regcmp.o
regex.o
zeropad.o
Why are these subroutines not being found? Any insights will be appreciated.

Dick