Lost C Subroutines

Mike Wescott wescott at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM
Mon Apr 17 11:26:09 AEST 1989

In article <189 at psgdc> rg at psgdc (Dick Gill) writes:
> I am having trouble installing the "slice" utility on my
> NCR Tower 32/600.
> 	cc  -O  -DUSG -lPW -o slice  slice.o
> Why are these subroutines not being found?

Wrong order specified on the command line in the makefile.  libPW.a (-lPW)
ought to be specified _after_ slice.o.  On the Tower (and many other Unix
machines) libraries and object files are processed in the order found.  When
libPW.a is searched there are very few undefined symbols, only main() and
exit() from crt0.o, but none from slice.o.

This should do the trick:

	cc -o slice slice.o -LPW

--
	-Mike Wescott