Big Fun w/troff & Laserjets

Mike Brookbank mike at mks.UUCP
Sat Jan 7 00:31:36 AEST 1989

In article <723 at titanic.UUCP>, smacmcd at titanic.UUCP (Michael C. De Masi) writes:

> I figured I'd ask again one more time before giving
> up totally.  Can anybody out there point me towards
> the necessary software for using a Hewlett-Packard
> Laserjet II printer as an output device for troff?
>
> I'm sure it must be possible, but I have yet to see
> a package anywhere which would work in conjunction
> with DWB to produce troff format documents on the
> above mentioned printer.

My company, MKS Inc., has a product we call MKS SQPS.  It is a complete
Troff package based on the enhanced version of the Documentor's
Workbench for DOS.  It includes all the pre-processors, macro packages and new
features which were designed by Softquad Inc. in Toronto.  Most
important of all, for you, we support the HP LaserJet Series II printer
as well as the Postscript printers.   We can also provide the same
software through Softquad for a whole host of Unix machines and printer
support for these include Hp LaserJet, Postcript, AT&T 495, Imagen, and
imPRESS printers.

--
     Mike Brookbank                          Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!mike