IBM 3270

Zdenko Tomasic zdenko at csd4.milw.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 20 08:09:21 AEST 1989

In article <419 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>We recently received a request from a customer for a termcap entry which
>supports the IBM 3270 terminal.  This is out of my field, so I am
>tossing it to the net.  Does anybody have a termcap entry which would
>support this terminal?  Is this even possible?
>
>Thanks.
>

>JB
>--
>Jonathan Bayer				Beware: The light at the end of the
>Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	        tunnel may be an oncoming dragon
>19 Virginia Ave.				...uunet!ispi!jbayer
>Rockville Centre, NY   11570	(516) 766-2867	jbayer at ispi

Termcap entry may not be very useful since 3270 cannot use cbreak
and raw mode, I believe.  However, there is a utility tn3270 under
4.3bsd which might be of use. (man -k 3270 gives the folowing) :

map3270 (5) - database for mapping ascii keystrokes into IBM 3270 keys
mset (1) - retrieve ASCII to IBM 3270 keyboard map
tn3270 (1) - full-screen remote login to IBM VM/CMS

I have not used it however, but you might want to check it out.

--

Zdenko Tomasic
UWM, Chem. Dept.